SAHALIE & KOOSAH FALLS

JULY 2015

SAHALIE FALLS

KOOSAH FALLS

Sahalie and Koosah Falls are two very impressive waterfalls located less than a mile apart along the McKenzie River. There is a parking lot located near both waterfalls and a trail connecting them together through an old-growth forest. There is also an optional 2.6-mile loop hike that takes you below Koosah, across the river and above Sahalie. I would love to do this sometime as I am sure it is beautiful. However, I had a lot more hiking planned the day I visited, so I just parked at Sahalie Falls and walked down to Koosah Falls and back, for an approximately 1.5-mile round-trip hike. 

Due to the beauty of the falls, and their being only about an hour from Bend, they are fairly popular, so you will want to try to hit this trail on a weekday or during the off-season if you can.