PROXY FALLS

JULY 2015

UPPER PROXY FALLS

UPPER PROXY FALLS

UPPER PROXY FALLS

PROXY FALLS

PROXY FALLS

Proxy and Upper Proxy Falls are accessed via a 1.5-mile round-trip hike located about an hour-and-a-half west of Bend. This is a very popular hike due to the beauty of Proxy Falls, and the ease with which it can be reached. I chose to visit the upper falls first, which had a steep make-shift side trail leading up the side for improved views of the falls as they cascaded down the moss-covered rocks and logs. 

On my way back down the trail I visited Proxy Falls. The trail takes you all the way to the base of this very impressive waterfall, where you can sit down to enjoy the view or cool-off under the falling water. I ended up making it to Proxy Falls in the middle of a very bright, sunny day and remember being frustrated with how hard it was to get a good shot of them. My photos don't due the falls justice as they are much more lush and green than they appear. As I was visiting over the 4th of July weekend, it was also very crowded at the base of the falls, making it more difficult to get a good shot. I will definitely have to visit again some time during the off-season.